Tuesday, August 18, 2009

At peace with my coupons


If any of you know me, you know how much I love to find a good deal, and thanks to my friend Annalisa I was introduced to couponing. I love to get coupons, organize coupons, read coupon blogs, and plan my shopping trips around coupons! Coupons are pretty much amazing. Well about 7 months ago I bought a huge 3 inch binder to organize everything. My weekly adds, all my rebates, and of course my coupons were stored in the binder. About 3 weeks ago the binder was missing. At first I thought Justin threw it away to free up some of my time, but he promised me he didn't. I back tracked everywhere I went the day it was lost and nothing. I finally started telling everyone it was stollen out of my locked car to help me cope with the lost. Actually, what I think happened was I drove off while it was on top of my car. This has been a huge loss for me and it has made me so so sad, but I am resilient. So over the last week I have made a new binder and put my telephone number on the outside in case it is ever lost. This post sounds a little pathatic, but if you coupon than you know the addiction, and how much of a high you can get from getting an amazing deal.

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are at peace. Your coupon book looks awesome. That must have taken you a while to get that put together. I can't wait for the day that we can conquer the mountains together. It will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel! I would be so bummed if I lost all my coupons, because it's not like you can go back and get the coupons from old inserts that you've lost! I'm glad you have such a good attitude about it, your new binder looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been behind people like you in the grocery line;) Wish I had the patience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't ever had the time for it, but I do believe it saves money. Now that I only have one at home during the day maybe I can spend the time bargain shopping and put some money away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey April, I'm going to do a post on Slavetosave about coupon organizing. Can I use this picture of your coupon binder as an example if I give you credit and link to you? Pretty please!?

    ReplyDelete